NVivo 9 is software that helps you to work with unstructured information like documents, surveys, audio, video and pictures - so that you can ultimately make better decisions.
Whatever your materials, whatever your field, whatever your approach, NVivo provides a workspace to help you at every stage of your project.
- Import and work with with documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, audio, video and pictures.
- Spend more time on data analysis and discovery. NVivo lets you organize and classify data quickly.
- Work systematically and ensure you don miss anything in your data.
- Uncover subtle connections in ways that simply aren possible manually with queries.
- Reflect and add your insights and ideas to analysis.
- Rigorously justify your findings with evidence. NVivo helps you link findings back to the original data that supports it.
- Easily interchange data with applications like Microsoft Excel, Word, IBM SPSS Statistics and EndNote.
- Easily work with material in your own language.
- • Effortlessly share your work with others
- NVivo’s workspace is designed using Microsoft user interface guidelines, so it looks familiar and is easy to use.
- There’s a range of resources to get you started and keep you on track. From video tutorials to guides and online help.
- NVivo handles virtually any data, including Word documents, PDFs, audio files, database tables, spreadsheets, videos and pictures.
- As you work through your information, highlight key points, allowing for quick recall or analysis later. Take this a step further with NVivo ‘nodes’ - like virtual filing boxes they allow you to see all information on a theme summarized together.
- Interchange information between NVivo and other applications like Microsoft Word and Excel, IBM SPSS Statistics and EndNote.
- NVivo lets you work with information in any combination of languages, allowing for true global collaboration.
- Store your project database and research materials as a single file, making your project completely portable. Or store large files separately and link them to your project.
- NVivo’s powerful query tools let you uncover subtle trends, and automated analysis features let you sit up above your data and drill down into it. For example, search for an exact word or words that are similar in meaning to quickly test theories.
- NVivo lets you track your ideas and steps with ease. Use annotations to jot down your thoughts, create memos to capture detailed observations or use links to ‘glue’ items with similar themes together.
- Prefer pictures to words? NVivo lets you display connections, ideas and findings using a range of visualization tools such as charts, maps and models. What’s more, you can easily view the live data behind them.
- Want to share your findings with others? There’s no need to retype or reformat your information with NVivo. Your conclusions, query results, models and charts can all be exported or simply copied and pasted into reports and presentations.
- NVivo also lets you export your findings as web pages, so you can share files and findings with clients or colleagues who don’t have NVivo.
Novidades no Nvivo 9Released in October 2010, NVivo 9 helps you to easily organize and analyze data in documents, pictures, surveys, audio and video, so you can deliver robust findings quickly. NVivo 9 delivers simpler, more flexible analysis with greater insight.
Access new learning resources
- Instructional tutorials have voiceover to talk you through how features are used.
- Mini table of contents at the top of most NVivo 9 Help pages make it easy for you to find the information you need.
- NVivo 9s interface now includes a ribbon to help you quickly find frequently used commands so tasks can be completed with fewer steps.
- Save time when you?re working with the new quick coding toolbar thanks to auto suggest.
- Wizards take you through more complex operations like creating customized reports, one step at a time.
- In NVivo we refer to the containers for storing themes as nodes. Create nodes that represent anything at all – like people, places and organizations - and assign any demographic data or attribute to them. Create your own folders for organizing them too. Now it?s easier to ask more detailed questions of your data than ever before.
- Assign your own colors to nodes, sources, attribute values and users and see them throughout your project - in coding stripes, charts and models for example.
- NVivo helps you to gather all your material under themes, or code. Choose to see all of the coding in your child nodes (or sub nodes), rolled up into the parent node.
- Existing node structures from NVivo 7 and NVivo 8 are preserved when you open your project in NVivo 9. We havent taken anything away – all weve done is given you more choice.
- Import and work with data contained in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Access database tables, text delimited files and ODBC database tables or views. This lets you work with survey responses for example.
- Select how you view and work with your datasets. Opt for the „table view? and see your data in its original format. Or, if you prefer to work with one survey response at a time for example, choose the form view.
- Speed up your analysis – particularly when youre working with large datasets – by automatically coding your data. For example, create a new theme or node for the responses to each question in a survey. You can automatically group responses based on demographic data too - for example, group the survey responses from a particular age group together.
- Import literature reviews from reference management tools like EndNote, Zotero or RefWorks into NVivo 9. Information like a journal article?s title, author and your own notes can be directly imported. If you ve saved articles as file attachments, they e added to your NVivo project too.
- Generate a bibliography by exporting information youve collected about your bibliographic references from NVivo 9 into EndNote, Zotero or RefWorks.
- Work with data from reference management tools in NVivo too. For example, run a query to search for all journal articles published in the year 2000 that have content coded to a particular theme.
- Save the criteria you used to find an item into a search folder - so if you need to re run the same find later, youll be able to do so easily.
- Use search folders when scoping your queries and visualizations, for more flexibility.
Nvivo serverDiscover how NVivo Server 9 extends the value of NVivo 9 for teams. Effortlessly collaborate, streamline project administration, and work securely with more data.
You and your colleagues can easily work on the same project at the same time by combining NVivo 9’s powerful data analysis tools with NVivo Server 9‘s sophisticated management capabilities.
NVivo Server lets you analyze and manage NVivo 9 projects centrally so your team can work together with live data.
Benefits of NVivo Server:
- Promote collaboration. Multiple users can work on an NVivo project at the same time. See each other’s work and leverage expertise and experience.
- Streamline project administration. Monitor, maintain, back up and keep track of all projects in one secure location.
- Support a fluid teamwork approach. Give your team the flexibility to adjust to changes during a project.
- Enable research on large projects. Analyze more data and embed larger audio and video resources in your projects.
- Enhance security. Provide access to projects using authenticated Windows credentials.