Stata for Mac includes
- Stata for Mac software (list of supported platforms)
- PDF documentation, which includes access to all the manuals in the printed documentation.
- You may also purchase the printed Documentation Set, which includes
- Getting Started with Stata (for all 3 platforms)
- User's Guide
- Base Reference Manual (3 volumes)
- Data-Management Reference Manual
- Graphics Reference Manual
- Longitudinal-Data/Panel-Data Reference Manual
- Mata Reference Manual (2 volumes)
- Multiple-Imputation Reference Manual
- Multivariate Statistics Reference Manual
- Programming Reference Manual
- Survey Data Reference Manual
- Survival Analysis and Epidemiological Tables Reference Manual
- Time-Series Reference Manual
- Quick Reference and Index
- Stata/MP (64-bit Intel-based Macs only)
- Small Stata
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Stata is right for me?
- Is there a 64-bit version of Stata that allows more memory to be allocated?
Yes. 64-bit Stata requires a 64-bit Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or greater. 64-bit Stata is not available for PowerPC-based Macs.
- Will Stata be compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)?
Yes. We have tested Stata for Mac with beta versions of Snow Leopard and expect Stata to continue to be fully compatible with the release version of Snow Leopard.
- What is the minimum operating system requirement for Stata?
Stata for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.5 or greater.
- Will Stata run on my PowerPC-based Mac?
32-bit Stata will run on any PowerPC-based Mac that supports Mac OS X 10.5.
- Can I trade datasets with my friends who use Stata for Windows?
Yes. A Stata dataset created on a Mac can be used, without translation, on any computer running Stata and vice versa. The same goes for graphs, programs, and any other file Stata uses or produces.
- Does a guarantee come with Stata?
A 30-day, satisfaction or your money back, guarantee comes with your purchase.